I really like the way first releases of WordPress 2.8 come out! The most recent update, WordPress 2.8.1 posted a few hours ago, brings some great improvements which make your blogs more stable and much more secure.
WordPress 2.8.1. highlights
Here are some of the features I really like in 2.8.1, please be sure to read the official WordPress 2.8.1 announcement to see more changes:
- Stability: reduced memory usage footprint for the dashboard – should help all the blogs running on modest servers and with strict php memory usage quotas
- Stability: automatic upgrade no longer accidentally deletes files when cleaning up from a failed upgrade
- Stability: disabled code highlighting due to browser incompatibilities
- Security: extra security has been put in place to better protect you from plugins that do not do explicit permission checks
- Security: stricter menu security
Don’t know about you, but I’m going to be upgrading all my blogs in the next 30min.