The wait is over, and WordPress 2.5 is finally released! Compared to the previous 2.3 branch, this new release brings an amazing pack of improvements and additions, and it looks like 2.5 is going to be one of the most interesting WordPress releases of the past years.
There is an excellent highlight of all the main features on the WordPress blog: WordPress 2.5 Brecker.
New WordPress 2.5 features
The things I’m really looking forward to try are the following:
- new dashboard – apart from cleaner look and improved usability, it also supports widgets for expanded functionality
- multi-file upload – apparently with a progress bar!
- fully integrated tag management – adding/renaming/removing any tags is a native functionality with this release, so no additional plugins are needed
- using newer version of TinyMCE (that’s the fancy editor with plenty of useful toolbars you see when creating a page or a post) promises fixes to many complex HTML issues (working with lists and paragraphs has traditionally been painful for me), and there’s a no-distractions mode I really look forward to – minimum of interface controls so that you can fully concentrate on the content
There are many more improvements like automatic plugin upgrades and built-in image gallery functionality, which many of you will find useful as well, but I’ve yet to look into them.
All in all, I think it’s the most exciting upgrade, WordPress team once again did a great job.
Wait no longer: download WordPress 2.5 and get busy with your upgrades!
More links on WordPress 2.5
- Official announcement post for WP 2.5
- Getting ready for WordPress 2.5
- New interface in WordPress 2.5: a screencast
- WordPress Upgrading Guide
As you probably know, WordPress 2.5 RC1 is available for a preview download, and the final WordPress 2.5 can be released in the next few days. Since it brings a traditional ton of useful improvements, it probably makes sense to see how ready your current blog is for the new major upgrade.
Useful links for WordPress 2.5
Here are just a few links you may find useful:
- Plugins compatible with WordPress 2.5
- Blog Herald: Are you ready for WordPress 2.5
- WordPress 2.5 Sneak Peek
To avail of this offer, just follow this link: Wordze – first month for just $15.
If you’re a Google AdSense publisher, you’ve noticed that a few weeks ago the Terms and Conditions for this service have been updated.
From Inside AdSense blog:
Once you download the plugin, simply activate it and create a new WordPress page. Just insert this tag wherever you want your policy to appear:
<!– privacy-policy –>
That’s it! Really simple. Great plugin.